Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Defying Gravity

Defying Gravity, Wicked. This song...wow. Makes me feel like I can fly. (I restrain myself from belting it out at the gym when listening on my iPod.)

Something has changed within me

Something is not the same
I'm through with playing by the rules
Of someone else's game
Too late for second-guessing
Too late to go back to sleep
It's time to trust my instincts
Close my eyes: and leap!

It's time to try

Defying gravity
I think I'll try
Defying gravity
And you can't pull me down!

I'm through accepting limits
'cause someone says they're so
Some things I cannot change
But till I try, I'll never know!
Too long I've been afraid of
Losing love I guess I've lost
Well, if that's love
It comes at much too high a cost!
I'd sooner buy
Defying gravity
Kiss me goodbye
I'm defying gravity
And you can't pull me down.

2 comments:

marymac said...

I can't, can't CAN'T believe you have this post- I was JUST singing this song AT THE VERY TOP OF MY LUNGS yesterday in my car. I have a "Defy Gravity" hat I got at Wicked when I took my daughter to see it on Broadway a few years ago- I splurged on backstage passes and she got to go into Elphaba'a dressing room and 'HOLD THE DRESS'-- amazing!!!!! I can't even SING this song at the top of my lungs without it bringing tears to my eyes! Thank you for posting this enchanting, powerful JAM!
xoxo

Stacia said...

Yes, this song is pure wickedness. (And I mean that in the best possible way.) I, myself, can never refrain from belting it out, so I applaud your restraint at the gym!

(Visiting from A Design So Vast. Love your voice!)