Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Voiceless

I'm still here...just a bit wordless. A nasty cold took residence in my body--and vocal cords. Experienced horrible laryngitis. And that voicelessness seemed to creep into my brain, rendering the part that creates, connects and strings words a bit useless. So, instead of saying nothing, I'll say this:

on this day, I said yes. The cowgirl and the ninja in my car asked if we could turn around and go to the park. I said yes. As I turned the car around, jubilant squeals reverberated, swirling up into the stratosphere.

They bounded toward their favorite park as the cool, late August breeze welcomed them.

ps: The upside about not being able to talk: actually listening.

3 comments:

Corinne Cunningham said...

Saying yes when you want to say No is almost always a good thing :)
Hope you're feeling better...

Christine said...

I have a hard time slowing things down enough these days to actually listen to the little ones. Thanks for the reminder! And I hope you are on the mend.
xo

Aidan Donnelley Rowley @ Ivy League Insecurities said...

It's all about yes, isn't it? Hope you feel better soon and that your words creep back to you. And us.